Waiting for your precious first born to arrive? The last few weeks of pregnancy can feel tortuously long. Pass the time with some practical pre-baby prep – and make the most of your final days of (relative) freedom.
If you just can't sit still…
1. “Stock up on bananas, drinks and Netflix box sets for when junior has a growth spurt and you're on the sofa for a week feeding round the clock. Happens around six weeks.”
2. “Borrow someone else's kid and learn how to burp them now. It's a fine art.”
3. “Batch cook so there are lots of easy meals available in the freezer.”
4. “Get your house clean if you can (because you won't be doing any cleaning once the baby is here).”
5. “Make a huge batch of chocolate cookies and freeze them. Don't tell anyone they're there – they're all for you.”
6. “Make sure everyone fully understands your expectations about visitors. If you don't want them at first, explain this to them.”
7. “Get loads of the fancy ready-meals from M&S and pop them in the freezer. DH and I got very sick of pizza last time!”
8. “Practise saying 'The kitchen's over there, mine's milk no sugar,' for when guests come over.”
9. “Take unwanted clothes/items to a charity shop; it's amazing how cluttered the house gets once PFB arrives.”
Make time for me time
10. “Swimming! It eases the back pain. Follow with a large slice of cake.”
11. “Enjoy carrying a small bag with just your purse, phone and keys with you. Next time it will be an oversized nappy bag.”
12. “Order a shit load of ice cream online, and sit in bed watching box sets, eating it.”
13. “If you have old friends you haven't spoken to in a while, make those long phone calls catching up with them now.”
14. “Go out for dinner after 7pm. Get up later than 7am.”
15. “Sit back, relax, go out for lunch and chill as much as possible. Life's about to change forever.”
Join mumsnet (if you haven't already) – you'll find loads of advice and support on our forums, for the final days of pregnancy and the early days with a newborn.
This post has been shared from Mumsnet.com click here to read more related posts.